Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Perfecter of My Faith

      After a year of passionately pursuing God, I am just now beginning to know Him. Little by little, He is revealing to me more of who He is...why He is...what He is. I know that in this life, I will never understand all of Him, but I trust that what He chooses to reveal to me, is much more important than what He chooses not to reveal.

    I used to feel ashamed for not knowing how to love God...not knowing how to worship Him or even how to talk to Him. But as I become less sufficient and more dependent on His grace, the more I realize that He desires to teach me even that. It is okay for me to admit that I need His help even to love Him. It is okay for me to ask Him to remind me of His glory. He delights in revealing Himself to me. "Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come" (Jeremiah 33:3).  He is the author and perfecter of my faith (Hebrews 12:12). How much greater, then, that I can call TO Him when I need a renewed hunger FOR Him? His grace is sufficient for me! His power is made perfect in my weakness!  I would rather have a love for God built by God than one built on my own imperfect efforts and flawed understanding. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness so that Christ' power may rest on me. 

May you be covered in His dust,

Hanna
      


No comments:

Post a Comment